This service advances the individual's independence within his or her home and community and helps the individual meet daily living needs.
These services include:
- Self-advocacy training to assist in the expression of personal preferences, asserting individual rights, etc., self-direction to initiate decision making over life choices and respond to life events, and support in accessing community activities and participation.
- Daily living skills that may include but are not limited to, routine household tasks, meal preparation, personal care, self-administration of medication, assistance with personal finances and other areas of day-today living
- Training and assistance in behavioral support strategies that facilitate appropriate expressions of emotions or desires
- Medical and health care services integral to meeting the daily needs of the individual
- Emergency response planning and training to access help in emergency situations